Custom Heaters & Research is proud to offer an Induction Band Heater which is super-efficient at drum heating. Utilizing induction the heater does not make contact with the drum and provides fast uniform heating. Simply place the drum heating system over the 55-gallon or smaller steel container or lower the container into the heater. This induction drum heating system uses a single coil within the cylinder’s wall, made from a glass-reinforced resin. The coil generates heat uniformly around the container wall. Since there are no hot elements, the drum heater band remains cooler than the drum being heated. Supply Power single-phase 120V, 50/60Hz AC power. Heating times depend on the contents. The rate of temperature rise of a typical viscous organic material will be about 20-24°F per hour. This Induction Band Heater is suitable for use in Hazardous Zones 1 and 2 and is IECEx, ATEX and ETL (UL/CSA standards) certified.
- Fast melting of solids and heating of liquids
- Allows mixing and dispensing while heating
- Easy to clean, corrosion proof and maintenance free
- For 55 gallon or smaller steel containers
- Heats drum wall up to 230°F
- Volts: 120 VAC
- Power Draw: 23A, 1500W at start-up (falls to 22A, 1400W)
- Inductive Power Factor: 0.5. Apparent Power 2700W
- Safe for use in explosive areas
- ETL/ATEX/IECEx certified for Zones 1 & 2
Hazardous Area Markings:
- Class I Division 1 Zone 1 AEx e IIC 170°C (T3) Gb
- Class I Division 1 Zone 1 Ex e IIC 170°C (T3) Gb
- Conforms to UL Std. 60079-0, UL Std. 60079-7, ANSI/UL Std. 499.
- Cert to CAN/CSA Std. C22.2 No.60079-0, CAN/CSA C22.2
- No.60079-7. CAN/CSA C22.2 No 88.
- Class II Appliances “double insulated”, no ground required