Custom Heaters & Research is proud to offer an Induction Band Heater which is super-efficient at drum heating. Utilizing induction the heater does not make contact with the drum and provides fast uniform heating. Simply place the drum heating system over the 55-gallon or smaller steel container or lower the container into the heater. This induction drum heating system uses a single coil within the cylinder’s wall, made from a glass-reinforced resin. The coil generates heat uniformly around the container wall. Since there are no hot elements, the heater remains cooler than the drum being heated. Supply Power single-phase 120V, 50/60Hz AC power. Heating times depend on the contents. The rate of temperature rise of a typical viscous organic material will be about 20-24°F per hour. This Induction Band Heater is suitable for use in Hazardous Zones 1 and 2 and is IECEx, ATEX and ETL (UL/CSA standards) certified.
- Fast melting of solids and heating of liquids
- Allows mixing and dispensing while heating
- Easy to clean, corrosion proof and maintenance free
- For 55 gallon or smaller steel containers
- Heats drum wall up to 230°F
- Volts: 120 VAC
- Power Draw: 23A, 1500W at start-up (falls to 22A, 1400W)
- Inductive Power Factor: 0.5. Apparent Power 2700W
- Safe for use in explosive areas
- ETL/ATEX/IECEx certified for Zones 1 & 2
Hazardous Area Markings:
- Class I Division 1 Zone 1 AEx e IIC 170°C (T3) Gb
- Class I Division 1 Zone 1 Ex e IIC 170°C (T3) Gb
- Conforms to UL Std. 60079-0, UL Std. 60079-7, ANSI/UL Std. 499.
- Cert to CAN/CSA Std. C22.2 No.60079-0, CAN/CSA C22.2
- No.60079-7. CAN/CSA C22.2 No 88.
- Class II Appliances “double insulated”, no ground required