Custom Heaters & Research is proud to offer an Induction Heating System which is super-efficient at drum heating. Utilizing induction, this industrial drum heater does not make contact with the drum and provides fast uniform heating. Simply place the heater over the 55-gallon or smaller steel container or lower the container into the heater. Induction heaters use a single coil within the cylinder’s wall, made from a glass-reinforced resin. The coil generates heat uniformly around the container wall. Since there are no hot elements, the industrial drum heater remains cooler than the drum being heated. Supply Power single-phase 240V, 50/60Hz AC power. Heating times depend on the contents. The rate of temperature rise of a typical viscous organic material will be about 30°F per hour. This induction heating system is suitable for use in Hazardous Zones 1 and 2 and is IECEx, ATEX and ETL (UL/CSA standards) certified.
- Fast melting of solids and heating of liquids
- Allows mixing and dispensing while heating
- Easy to clean, corrosion proof and maintenance free
- For 55 gallon or smaller steel containers
- Heats drum wall up to 250°F
- Volts: 240 VAC
- Power Draw: 21A, 2,750W at start-up (falls to 18A, 2,250W)
- Inductive Power Factor: 0.5. Apparent Power 5,000W
- Safe for use in explosive areas
- ETL/ATEX/IECEx certified for Zones 1 & 2
Hazardous Area Markings:
- Class I Division 1 Zone 1 AEx e IIC 170°C (T3) Gb
- Class I Division 1 Zone 1 Ex e IIC 170°C (T3) Gb
- Conforms to UL Std. 60079-0, UL Std. 60079-7, ANSI/UL Std. 499.
- Cert to CAN/CSA Std. C22.2 No.60079-0, CAN/CSA C22.2
- No.60079-7. CAN/CSA C22.2 No 88.
- Class II Appliances “double insulated”, no ground required